Your privacy is important to us and maintaining your trust and confidence is one of our highest priorities while utilizing our Website. We respect your right to keep your personal information confidential and understand your desire to avoid unwanted solicitations.
Types of Information We Collect
Delap LLP may collect certain personal information about you, however, that information is provided by you or is obtained by Delap LLP with your authorization. We utilize that information which enables us to provide you with the highest level of accounting, audit, tax and business consulting services at your request.
Examples of sources from which we collect information include:
- Interviews and phone calls with you
- Letters or email from you
- Tax return or financial planning organizers
- Financial history questionnaires
- Review of your financial statements
- Information regarding your organization or company
Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
As a general rule, we do not disclose personal or confidential information about our clients or former clients to anyone. However, to the extent permitted by law and any applicable state Code of Professional Conduct, certain nonpublic information about you may be disclosed in the following situations:
- To comply with a validity issue and enforceable subpoena or summons
- In the course of a review of Delap LLP's practices under the authorization of a state or national licensing board, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board or organization
- In conjunction with a prospective purchase, sale or merger of all or part of Delap LLP, provided that we take appropriate precautions (for example through a written confidentiality agreement) so that the prospective purchaser or merger partner does not disclose information obtained in the course of the review
- As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against Delap LLP, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record
- To provide information to affiliates of Delap LLP, its employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party providers who perform services or functions for Delap LLP in conjunction with our services to you, but only if Delap LLP has a contractual agreement with the other party that prohibits it from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed. (Examples of disclosures include using an outside service bureau to process tax returns or engaging a records retention agency to store prior year records.)
Confidentiality and Security of Nonpublic confidential or Personal Information
Except as otherwise described in this notice, Delap LLP restricts access to nonpublic confidential or personal information about you to Delap LLP, its employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and third party providers who must use that information to provide services to you. Their right to further disclose and use the information is limited by the policies of Delap LLP, applicable law, and our employment agreement, where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information from unauthorized access, alternation, or premature destruction.
Any or all of these terms may be modified by Delap LLP at any time without prior notice, such modifications to be effective upon posting by Delap LLP on the Website. You should review this agreement periodically to stay informed of such modification. Your continued access or use of the Delap LLP website shall be deemed your absolute acceptance of the modified agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. All rights reserved.
Thank you for allowing us to serve your accounting, audit, tax and business consulting needs. We value your business and are committed to protecting your privacy. We hope you view Delap LLP as your most trusted advisor, and we will work to continue earning your trust. Please call us if you have any questions or if we can be of further service.