- Lewis & Clark College, B.A., Business Administration, 1966
- Income and estate tax planning/compliance
- Business advisory services and succession planning
- Specialty areas include individuals, real estate, distribution, manufacturing, professional services and non-profit organizations
James O. White, CPA
Jim White has spent over 43 years in public accounting with Delap LLP. A former senior partner and managing partner for over 20 years, in 2008 Jim began as a principal and plans to continue employment with the firm for many years.
Jim has provided strategic tax and business consulting to individuals as well as small and medium sized businesses and enjoys providing and promoting the firm's services beyond expectations of the client. He finds great satisfaction in helping clients define their vision, challenging them to commit to its ultimate achievement, and maximizing results while minimizing taxes.
A native Oregonian, Jim has been married to his wife, Susan, for over 43 years and has two sons and four grandchildren. He enjoys family time when he's not at work, and likes to serve in various Christian ministries, work around the house and sports. Believing in individual and corporate citizenship, Jim enjoys giving back that which we have been privileged to steward.
He co-chaired the Crystal Darkness statewide campaign that highlighted the perils of methamphetamines. The 2007 campaign distributed 1.2 million flyers throughout schools and the state and culminated in the simultaneous showing of the Crystal Darkness documentary on 25 statewide TV stations, which earned Fox's newsmaker of the year award.
- Hiring wonderful people and having terrific partners while providing great service with quality work
- Growing the firm with quality clients while developing strong personal relationships
- The opportunity to learn and grow and live out a life of servant leadership
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Rolling Hills Community Church
- Christ@Work area and group leader
- Board member, Ministry Coaching International, 2004 - Present
- Choir member, Portland Singing Christmas Tree, 1987 - Present
- Board member, Fellowship of Companies for Christ International, 2009 - Present
“The best thing about working for Delap is the team of people committed to serving one another and our clients as we realize that we are but stewards of the resources that we have been blessed with and charged with excellence in all that we do.”