- Pepperdine University, BS Business Administration, 1971
- University of California, Los Angeles; MS Accounting and Information Systems, 1973
- Financial auditing and accounting
- Healthcare, financial institutions, and employee benefit plans
Jon S. Pitcher
Jon has over 30 years of accounting and auditing experience working with both private and publicly held companies. Prior to joining Delap, Jon spent over fifteen years in private industry and over fifteen years in public accounting with a Big Four firm.
As a principal in Delap's audit practice, Jon's focus is healthcare, financial institutions, and employee benefit plans.
Numbers have always come easy to Jon. When he began his career at Ernst & Young, he realized his journey in public accounting would be rewarding and eventful. In 1987, Jon became a partner at E&Y. This path provided Jon a challenging career where learning was a way of life. During his partnership at E&Y, Jon was the Portland office Director of Human Resources and Director of Auditing, where he was the audit practice's subject matter expert.
Jon has been married to his wife Janet for over forty years. He has three grown children and five grandchildren. Jon and Janet live in Happy Valley and enjoy spending time outdoors when he isn't at the office. Jon's favorite pastimes include fly-fishing, camping and hunting. His most recent book of interest is tips on fly-fishing by John Gierach.
- Passing the CPA exam (license #2703)
- Partner at Ernst & Young in 1987
- Being a consultant for privately-held clients
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants
Being a part of Delap provides Jon an opportunity to support others in their careers in public accounting. Jon states, "I enjoy coaching and mentoring individuals on a daily basis. I am lucky to share my experiences with others and realize that Delap values this as well."