- Johns Hopkins University, BA, Natural Science, 1975
- University of Wisconsin, Health Care Fiscal Management, MS, 1979
- Financial auditing and accounting
- Healthcare, financial institutions, non-profits and employee benefit plans
Dale A. Fox, CPA
Dale has over thirty years of experience providing financial auditing and accounting expertise to private and publicly held clients. Prior to joining Delap, Dale spent eleven years at Ernst & Young, four years at Symonds, Evans & Co., P.C., and over fifteen years in private industry.
As a principal in Delap's audit practice, Dale provides his expertise in the following areas: healthcare, financial institutions, non-profits and employee benefit plans.
At the University of Wisconsin, Dale received great advice while pursuing his master's degree. He was told that by becoming a CPA, he would have access to a wide variety of industries and have an exponential learning curve. His professors and mentors were right; Dale has never experienced a dull moment in his profession.
Dale and his wife, Doris, enjoy spending their time canoeing, cross country skiing, reading, leisurely bike riding and hiking, and mushroom picking. He has two grown children: Amelia, who has recently moved to the Tri-Cities with her husband, and Erica, who works for a non-profit organization in San Francisco. On the 50th anniversary of the publication of To Kill a Mockingbird, Dale points to Atticus Finch as one of the great father figures - and heroes - in American literature.
- Passed the CPA exam in one sitting
- Participated in inter-office peer reviews at E&Y
- Spent three years in Stavanger, Norway auditing major oil and gas companies with E&Y
- Served as Accounting Chair for national Users Group of a major health care IT vendor
- Returned to public accounting with the benefit of more than a decade's experience in industry
- Portland Chapter of the Western Pension & Benefits Conference, former Treasurer
- Oregon Chapter of Healthcare Financial Management Association, former Board member
- Business License Appeals Board, City of Portland, former member
- Benedictine Nursing Center, former Board member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants
Dale states, "The merger with Delap has provided opportunities to work with many more talented individuals and the ability to grow with a larger firm. I'm excited to see all of our collaborative efforts come to fruition."