- Colorado State University, B.S., business, major in accounting, minor in economics, 1973
- Colorado State University, M.S., accounting, emphasis in taxation, 1977
- Taxation, business, mergers and acquisitions
- Specialty areas include wholesale distribution, hospitality, real estate and agribusiness
Timothy R. Filkins, CPA
Tim has over 25 years of experience serving public and private companies in tax compliance and planning in manufacturing, real estate and wholesale distribution. He also provides tax services to business owners and high net worth individuals. His background includes 13 years as partner in a large west coast regional accounting firm where he was also heavily involved in business acquisitions, dispositions and reorganizations in a variety of industries.
As a principal in Delap's practice, Tim's wide range of expertise provides valuable insight and knowledge to the clients he serves and to the tax group within Delap.
A father of three grown children, Tim and his wife enjoy spending time with their extended family participating in many outdoor sports and traveling.
- Becoming a CPA
- Partner at Moss Adams
- Helping clients become successful
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 1977 - Present
- Board Member, Oregon Society of Certified Accountants and Liaison with the Strategic Tax Team, 2009 - Present
- Board Member, Kruse Way Economic Forum, 2009 - Present
- Advisory Board Member, Everest College, 2010 - Present
- Board Member, Portland Tax Form, 2010 - Present
Tim says he enjoys multiple aspects about working at Delap. “Our firm is very high quality and really is focused on offering the best client service. I very much enjoy the variety of the work.”