- University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign; BS in Accounting, 1991
- Financial auditing and accounting
- Financial institutions, healthcare, employee benefit plans
Kevin P. Blada
Kevin has over fifteen years of experience providing financial auditing and accounting expertise to both private and publicly-held companies. Prior to joining Delap, Kevin spent eleven years at a regional firm in Illinois and seven years at Symonds, Evans & Co., P.C. in Portland, Oregon.
As a principal in Delap's audit practice, Kevin will provide expertise in the following areas: financial institutions, healthcare, and employee benefit plans.
Kevin's father was an accountant, which provided him an opportunity to see the different facets of the accounting and auditing career path. His father's career took Kevin from Chicago to Kentucky, Michigan, Belgium, and then back to settle in Illinois where he attended high school and college. After graduating from the University of Illinois, Kevin joined Warady & Davis LLP, which grew from approximately 35 people to over 70 professionals during his time at the firm.
Kevin and his wife, Tu, live in SE Portland and enjoy traveling the world, hiking, running, reading, and annual trips to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Some of Kevin's favorite authors include F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway.
- Passing the CPA exam in one sitting
- Becoming a Senior Manager at Symonds, Evans & Co., P.C. in 2005
- Earning the trust of his clients and building long lasting relationships
- Board member, Wordstock
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois Society of Certified Public Accountants
Kevin enjoys Delap's culture and notes that is it similar to that of his previous firms. He states, "At Delap, I will be able to continue mentoring team members and also focus on my client base and utilize the additional resources to provide more value to my clients."