- Augusta State University, B.B.A., accounting, 1977
- Income taxation, business consulting and planning, financial reporting
- Specialty areas include construction, automotive, trucking, timber and light manufacturing industries
Calvin J. Tuchscherer, CPA
Calvin Tuchscherer (pronounced "to share") has more than 35 years of public accounting experience. Calvin has experience with all aspects of income taxation and financial reporting. He currently assists owners of private businesses with tax, planning, employee benefits, and general accounting issues.
Born in South Dakota to a U.S. Army Sergeant, Calvin has lived in or traveled to all 50 states except Alaska. "In the fourth grade, I was in six different schools," he says. "If I was in a place for more than 18 months, that was a long time."
Calvin has been active in youth sports, and has coached basketball, softball and volleyball, while raising his now grown daughters. He has volunteered with Oregon Special Olympics for more than 15 years. Calvin enjoys fishing, golf and being in the outdoors. His favorite place in the world is Yellowstone National Park, which he tries to visit as often as possible. "I like the wonder of it, and all the animals," he says. "I've been there in spring, summer and fall, and it's always changing - which is kind of like our profession."
- Helping develop Delap's automotive dealership practice
- Helping develop Delap's construction industry practice
- Helping clients solve their tax issues
- Providing superior customer service
- Training and mentoring younger staff
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 1981 - Present
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants, 1981 - Present
- Volunteer, Washington County Special Olympics, 1990 - Present
- Volunteer coach for Saint Anthony's in Tigard and Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation District in Beaverton, 1987 - 1991
What's most satisfying about working at Delap, according to Calvin, is the wealth of experience and knowledge that the firm employees possess. "We've got a lot of experienced people, and they're all technically proficient. Our older folks have a lot of experience, and our younger people are smart. That is a great combination for the future of the firm. Our younger staff are so eager to learn and develop their skills, and the veterans of the firm are always taking the time to teach and mentor them, which helps to ensure that our customer service and technical expertise is always going to be the best."