- Brigham Young University, B.A., Accounting, 2000
- Income taxation, business consulting and planning, financial reporting
- Automotive, manufacturing, real estate and partnerships
Earl R. Pierce, CPA
Earl Pierce has over ten years of experience providing accounting and tax services for private and closely-held businesses. Prior to joining Delap, Earl spent two years at KPMG and three years at a local firm in southern California.
Earl enjoys his role as a trusted business advisor to his clients. His innate ability to effectively articulate a clear plan of action not only provides his clients with immeasurable value but is also very rewarding for Earl. As a CPA, he welcomes the opportunity to help clients do things they ordinarily would not do without his direction.
At Delap, Earl specializes in the taxation of middle-market pass-through entities. Earl works closely with his team to ensure tax returns are completed in a timely-fashion and strategic year-end planning occurs. He stays connected to his team and provides on-going support to his clients.
During his time away from Delap, Earl enjoys the outdoors with his wife and children, and personal hobbies of biking and running.
- Building a book of my own clients
- Progressing from a young staff accountant helping another CPA, to helping clients directly, to getting out there, having a client give you a shot, making commitments and promises to clients and then delivering on those promises is very rewarding.
- Build new relationships and sharing valuable knowledge.
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Adult volunteer with the Cub Scouts of America and the Boy Scouts of America
- Actively involved in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
"As a Portland native I wanted to work for a firm. I had been part of a national firm (for me too big) as well as a small firm with 7-9 employees (for me too small). I wanted to be part of a firm that was "just right". For me that was Delap."