- University of Portland, B.A., business administration specializing in accounting, 1994
- Lead of firm's tax practice
- Tax and accounting planning and compliance for closely-held companies
- Industry specialty areas include automotive, real estate, personal service, and wholesale/distribution
Matthew J. Mattecheck, CPA
Matt Mattecheck has extensive experience managing tax and accounting engagements for closely-held companies in a variety of industries. Before joining Delap, he spent five years working as a manager for Perkins & Company in Portland. He currently specializes in tax planning and compliance for corporations, limited liability partnerships, and individuals. He also develops and presents technical training workshops for tax accountants and has provided expert witness testimony for litigation matters.
After spending a year in Salzburg, Austria, Matt decided to major in accounting in college after realizing it was the backbone of all business. Besides being a faithful fan of his Portland Pilots, Matt also is a diehard fan of the Washington Redskins and Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
A native Oregonian, Matt enjoys spending time with his wife, Sarah, and their three young children. He also likes to run, golf, volunteer at his church, and travel. Among his family's favorite vacation spots are the Metolius River in Central Oregon and Puerto Vallarta in Mexico. One of Matt's favorite movies is The Shawshank Redemption; one of his favorite Portland restaurants is Three Doors Down. A recent book that influenced him is David Berstein's "Death to All Sacred Cows." Matt realizes the industry is changing every day and it's exciting to be a part of that evolution.
- Passing the CPA exam
- Becoming a partner
- Being a mentor and investing in others
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 1998 - Present
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants, 1998 - Present
- Driving Force Automotive Group, 2003-Present
- Tualatin Youth Sports Coach, 2010 - Present
- Finance Committee Chair, Resurrection Catholic Parish, 2010 - Present
- Executive board member and past treasurer, Police Activities League of Greater Portland, 2000 - 2009
- Steering committee member, United Way New Leaders Group, 2003 - 2004
- Board member, Lifeworks NW, 2012 - Present
"The most enjoyable part about working at Delap," Matt says, "are the people. Everyday I am presented with a new challenge, providing me an opportunity to leverage my experience to assist our people, our clients and our firm in achieving success."