- Linfield College, B.A., business and accounting, magna cum laude, 1980
- Managing Partner
- Business succession planning, estate and tax planning, and management issues, primarily with closely-held family businesses
- Specialty areas include manufacturing, distribution, real estate and service industries
David G. Delap, CPA
David DeLap, managing partner, has over 27 years of experience in public accounting. He is a third-generation partner at Delap. Before joining the firm, he spent four years working for Fox & Company, a national accounting firm based in Denver. He also served in the Peace Corps in Belize, where he administered loans to small businesses, and taught accounting and coached basketball at the junior college.
At Delap, David works with closely-held and family businesses, primarily on tax, financial and succession planning issues. He works hard as a problem solver and is committed to rapid response to inquiries and timely delivery of services. What separates Delap from other firms, he says, are the outstanding relationships we have developed with a group of outstanding clients. "We have a foundation of integrity and trust within our people that has led to very strong client relationships," he says.
David and his wife have two children, a son in college and a daughter who teaches overseas. When not at work, he can often be found cheering on his son at soccer games and track meets, riding bikes with his wife, or working in the yard. He also serves as an elder at his church. In the spring, he is a part-time track coach for jumpers at Rex Putnam High School. David's favorite restaurant is Riccardo's Italian Restaurant in Lake Oswego; his favorite movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark; and his favorite business book, Managing the Professional Service Firm by David Maister."I just really like his philosophy towards management," David says. "It's been very inspirational."
- Learning about business, accounting and client relationships from my father
- Learning how to run an accounting firm by working hand-in-hand with Jim White, Delap's managing partner for over 20 years
- Being able to express my faith without negatively affecting my relationship with others, whether they have faith in God or not
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 1982 - Present
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants, 1982 - Present
- Board member, Sunnyside Counseling Center, 1991 - 2001
- Board member, NOE International, 1995 - 2007
- Member, Family Business Advisory Council of the Oregon State University Austin Family Business Program, 1999 - 2007
- Member of the President's Advisor Council of George Fox University, 2010 - Present
What Dave likes best about working at Delap is the variety of work. "Within our firm, there's just so much opportunity for variety in the type of work we do and the clients we serve," he says. "You can work in a lot of different areas, and that keeps the day interesting."