- California Lutheran University, B.S., accounting, 1994
- Financial auditing, accounting, mergers & acquisitions, forensic accounting
- Manufacturing, retail and distribution
- Problem-solving, strategic planning and implementation, process / control improvement, risk management
- Lead of firm's recruiting, practice development, career development
Alexander M. Corrigan, CPA
Alex Corrigan has over 17 years of public accounting experience. The sixth of seven sons, Alex began working at KPMG LLP in Los Angeles, having no idea he would make public accounting a lifelong career. The more he developed, however, the more it solidified his passion for the work. "It's very interesting to be exposed to new companies all the time and learn the keys to what made them successful. It is a continuous learning process rarely found in other professions," he says. "The day I retire will be the day I stop learning something new in this career. That keeps it interesting."
Before joining Delap in 2001, Alex spent over six years with KPMG, where he gained extensive experience managing large audit and consulting engagements for publicly and privately held businesses across many industries. During those years, he served as lead manager on numerous nationally recognized accounts including Taco Bell Corp., Nestle USA, Inc., Trader Joe's Company, Skechers USA, Inc. and John Paul Mitchell Systems.
A native Oregonian, Alex spends the majority of his time outside of the office with his wife and their four children. He enjoys spending time as a youth basketball coach, a church volunteer, and a lover of the outdoors. When in Portland, you can often find Alex on an early-morning run in his neighborhood, cheering for the Blazers, or playing with his kids. "Portland is special to us, and we take care of it," he says. "We love our families and our community, and we treat our environment and our fellow Oregonians with respect. Not every place is like that."
- Began career with KPMG in January 1995
- Promoted to audit manager in July 1999
- Relocated back to Oregon and joined Delap in March 2001
- Admitted into partnership in January 2005
- OSPCA Educational Foundation, Board President, 2007 - Present
- Search Ministries, Board Member, 2010 - Present
- Children's Cancer Association, Treasurer & Executive Committee, 2007 - 2012
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 1998 - Present
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants, 2001 - Present
The best thing about working for Delap, according to Alex, is the people. "They're just a really great group of people who are fun, laid back, and enjoy what they do. They're very caring and do everything they can to help others. At Delap, we're about more than just accounting and making a living. We're about making a difference in people's lives and our community. That makes it a very positive environment to work in."